Monday, September 28, 2015

"Things I like about myself"

Around this time last year, I made this list while I was at work. I was feeling particularly down about myself for one reason or another, and I knew I needed to be gentler to myself. I have always been my own harshest critic; rarely able to see my reflection clearly. I crack jokes at my own expense, often by means of self deprecation. And in this moment, I was tired of being mean to myself. I just found this list while writing down quotes in my quote journal, and figured it was worth sharing.


  • My eyes
  • My shoulder freckles
  • My passion for reading
  • Ability to make others smile
  • Ridiculous sense of humor
  • My desire to help people
  • The fact that I'm responsible
  • ...but am learning how to let go & have fun
  • That I try to see the good in everyone
  • My love of languages
  • My glasses
  • My tattoos, even though I sometimes struggle with them
  • That I put my friend's needs first
  • My love of adventure
  • My small dimples
  • My ability to acknowledge & accept my feelings, without letting them consume me. 
  • That I can express some creativity through crocheting
  • That I can make almost any baby laugh/smile
  • That I enjoy being outside
  • My body and seeing its changes and progress 
  • The perseverance to continue on with my MA
I could add more to this list, as it's ever evolving the more and more I learn to love myself. Seeing where I was a year ago, and comparing it today was just a nice reminder that I need to constantly work at being my own best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment