Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Not invincible

Sometimes you get bad news and it makes everything else seem so obsolete. 

All of a sudden I realize I've been living in this happy, healthy post cancer bubble, but forgetting the fact that cancer is a thief. It robs people of what is rightfully theirs, often with no warning. It takes and takes and takes, until the victim is completely drained and has absolutely nothing left to give. Until it leaves them with nothing but a black abyss in its wake. 

It doesn't matter who it touches, it is so greedy it will take whatever it can from whomever. 

This realization hurts me deep into my core, proving that cancer is unforgiving. It has robbed me off my peace of mind. It has once again reminded me that I am not invincible. And even when I think I have absolutely nothing left, there will still always more pieces of me for cancer to take. 
.... 


But the thing is. I am resilient. I can be broken and unbroken several times over and be born again. Cancer cannot take that away from me. I will not let it. 


"if you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise." - rupi kaur

 

No comments:

Post a Comment